Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Prokaryotic Cell Review Question
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of Prokaryotic Cells.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
4. What type of cells have peptidoglycan as part of the cell wall? What is the function of peptidoglycan?
6. What is the primary difference between Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and why is this difference medically important?
7. What is a plasmid? Describe its role.
8. What is conjugation? How is it beneficial to bacteria? 9. How does osmosis relate to the fact that a cell's plasma membrane is semi-permeable?
12. List and describe the different bacterial cell shapes and arrangements.
13. Regarding osmosis, what would happen to a bacterial cell placed in water?
14. Prokaryotic cells can have two types of structures with genetic information. What are they? Describe each.
1. What role do ribosomes play in carrying out the genetic instructions?
2. Describe several general characteristics that could be used to define prokaryotes.
3. List and define the parts of the prokaryotic cell that we discussed.
Page last updated: 9/2014
Image of generic prokaryotic cell.
For a practice assignment on diagramming a prokaryotic cell click here.
The SPO website is best viewed in Google Chrome or Apple Safari.