Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Biological Classification Lecture Materials
are the Biological Classification Lecture materials of the Virtual Microbiology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual
college microbiology course. Anyone taking, teaching or interested in
biology may find these materials helpful and is welcome to use them.
The Biological Classification Lecture materials include:
- a list of learning objectives
- links to additional educational materials
- What kind of evidence do scientists use to categorize and classify living things?
- Know the three domains and the forms of life each represents.
- Binomial nomenclature: Genus species; Know how to properly write the generic and specific name of a species.
- What is a dichotomous key? How many choices are at each decision point?
Versions of Biological Classification PPT:
All of the lecture PowerPoints used in the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom are fill-in-the-blank format to encourage students to pay attention and follow along during the presentation.
The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
MORE BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION LINKS
- Microbiology Pronunciations from HippoSoft LLC
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Page last updated: 3/2013