from Science Prof Online
Biological Classification Review Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
1. What kind of evidence to scientists use to categorize and classify living things?
3. What is binomial nomenclature?
4. Describe the three domains and the forms of life each represents.
5. How do you properly write the generic and specific name of a species (the scientific name) if you are: a. writing it by hand, b. typing it on the computer? Show examples of how one of these names is written and typed.
6. What is a dichotomous key? How many choices are at each decision point?
7. Create a dichotomous key representing a hobby or interest of yours.
These are review questions designed to help students better understand this lecture topic. They are based on materials that can be found on the Biological Classification Main Page.
Page last updated: 2/2016
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.