Prokaryotes: Meet the Microbes
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Prokaryotic Microbes Review Questions
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of is topic.
Staphylococcus aureus, also known as Golden Staph.
1. Compare and contrast the three types of Archaea that we discussed.
2. Summarize the information presented on each of the Gram-positive
bacterial genera and species that we discussed.
3. Name and describe the bacterial genera that produce endospores. Are they Gram-positive or Gram-negative?
4. Which groups of bacteria are considered Gram-variable? Why?
5. Describe how the cell wall structure of acid-fast bacteria is different from most Gram-positive bacteria. 6. Explain how Blood Agar (BAP) is useful in distinguishing between the pathogen Streptococcus pyogenes and normal flora.
7. Summarize the information presented on each of the Gram-negative bacterial genera and species that we discussed.
8. How is MacConkey's agar useful in identifying different types of Gram-negative bacteria?
9. Describe the important differences between encapsulated and unencapsulated Haemophilus influenzae.
10. How is the life cycle of Chlamydia different that that of most bacteria?
11. White kind of microbe causes syphilis? Describe the symptoms and course of the disease.
Page last updated: 1/2016
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.