Enzymes Review Questions
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of Enzymes.
3. Why is the 3-dimensional shape of an enzyme critical to its proper functioning?
4. Describe what an enzyme is made of?
5. What is the "active site" of an enzyme, and how is it critical in how an enzyme functions?
6. What does it mean for an an enzyme to be denatured?
7. Explain the difference between competitive and noncompetitive inhibition.
1. Explain how an inhibitor can disrupt the action of an enzyme even if it doesn't bind to the enzyme's active site.
2. Explain the difference between a catalyst and an enzyme?
The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
9. Why does lemon juice stop the flesh of an apple from browning?
10. What is a coenzyme and what is the difference between a coenzyme and a cofactor?
12. What determines the amount of product that results from an enzymatic reaction? Is it the amount of substrate or the amount of enzyme? Explain your answer.
13. What determines most influences the rate of an enzymatic reaction? Is it the amount of substrate or the amount of enzyme? Explain your answer.