Enzymes Main Page
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Enzyme Biochemistry Lecture Materials
are the Enzymes Lecture materials of the used to supplement actual
college biology courses.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Page last updated 10/2015
- What is an enzyme? What is it made of? What does it do? How does an enzyme work?
- Is an enzyme used up in a chemical reaction?
- Can a specific enzyme facilitate any chemical reactions or only a specific type? If specific, what is the enzyme specific to?
- What is the enzyme-substrate complex?
- What is the difference and similarity between a substrate and a reactant?
- What factors can affect enzyme activity?
- What is the term for when an enzyme’s shape is changed so that it can no longer work?
- What are the two types of enzyme inhibitors that we discussed and how do they affect the enzyme?
- We discussed 2 enzyme examples in class: catecholase and bromelain. What reactions do each of these enzymes catalyze?
All Versions of Enzyme PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Enzymes Lecture materials include:
- practice test & review questions
- additional biology materials that support the lecture material
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
Word document of an in-class activity given to students at the end of lecture. This tool helps the students review the main messages of the lecture while allowing the instructor to assess the class' understanding of the material.
Word document that helps students organize information on the role of enzyme at different points in digestion.
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help students better understand the material from this lecture.
MORE ENZYME LINKS
- “The Role Enzymes Play in the Body” from Enzymedica. These guys are selling supplements. I don’t endorse the supplement, but their video is very instructive regarding enzymes and digestion.