Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH
Virtual Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH Lecture Materials
These are the Inorganic Chemistry Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college cell biology course.
- Compare and contrast acids bases and salts.
- Describe what makes a solution acidic or basic.
- Understand the relationship between ions and pH.
- Understand the relationship between the atoms in a water molecule and pH.
- Know enough about the pH scale to understand which numbers represent acidic, neutral and basic substances.
- Know what differentiates a strong acid from a weak acid.
- Explain the relationship between the terms "ions", "salts" & "buffers".
- Explain what it means that the pH scale is logarithmic.
Versions of Inorganic Chemistry PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice test & review questions
- links to related educational resources
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
Page last updated: 5/2016
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand inorganic chemistry.
MORE INORGANIC CHEMISTRY RESOURCES
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.