Cell Biology Instructor Resources
In the fall of 2013, the PowerPoint lecture format for the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom was updated to eliminate most of the fill-in-the-blanks and add more critical thinking questions and animated lessons. Instructors who prefer the previous fill-in-the-blank format can still access these materials below. Follow us on Facebook to stay updated.
- NEW! Sample Cell Biology Syllabi
- NEW! Chemistry Basics & The Periodic Table
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom
from Science Prof Online
Is there a VCBC main page for students?
Yes! The VCBC Main Page is where you can direct students if you are teaching from the material in this Virtual Classroom, or you can more specifically direct them to the student materials page for each lecture topic.
SPO is a FREE science education website. Donations are key in helping us provide this resource with fewer ads.
(This donation link uses PayPal on a secure connection.)
NEW! NEW! NEW!
Check out our collection of classroom-tested biology homework assignments.
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom Instructor's Corner
Science Prof Online (SPO) is a FREE science education website. The Instructor's Corner offers fully developed cell biology and microbiology courses; materials currently used in real, live high school and college introductory science courses.
This page is the Instructor's Corner for the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom (VCBC).
Course materials for each lecture topic can be accessed below under "Student Materials", including:
- practice test & review questions
- links to other micro education resources
Additional Cell Biology Course Resources
Here is the the list of countries and US states that have the top 4 number of SPO visitors!
Congrats you bunch of brainiacs!
Smarty-Pants Science Reading Pick:
Smarty-pants US States:
#3 New York
#4 New Jersey
- NEW! Chemical Bonds, Reactions & Notation
- NEW! Chemistry of Solutions - Solutes, Solvents & Solubility
- NEW! Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH
- Diffusion, Osmosis & Active Transport
- Macromolecules, Diet & Nutrition
CELL STRUCTURE & FUNCTION
- Metabolism: Aerobic Respiration
- Metabolism: Anaerobic Respiration & Fermentation
- Metabolism: Catabolism of Proteins & Fats
- Photosynthesis: Light Dependent Reactions
GENETICS & CELL DIVISION
- Genetic Transcription & Translation
- DNA Replication & Gene Expression - Combo
- Cell Division: Mitosis & Meiosis - Combo
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
To hear a podcast, click on the
one you want:
Here are links to the homework assignments that go with the podcasts:
Page last updated: 10/2015
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
Young children are natural born scientists, full of curiosity! Join the at-home experiments and explorations of a scientist mom & her kids.