Cell Cycle: Meiosis
from Science Prof Online
Cell Division: Meiosis Lecture Materials
are the FREE Cell Cycle: Meiosis Lecture materials used to supplement actual
college biology courses.
- Make a list comparing and contrasting mitosis and meiosis. You do have some slides that make these comparisons. But after you’ve studied, see if you can make a list on your own, from memory.
- What separates during meiosis I? What separates during meiosis II?
- What are homologous chromosomes? What does a pair of unduplicated homologues look like?
- How do homologues and sister chromatids differ?
- What is independent assortment?
- Know the phases of meiosis I and meiosis II.
- If a cell with 6 chromosomes divides to form gametes, how many chromosomes will the resulting gametes each have?
- What were the 3 things that we discussed which increase genetic diversity in sexually reproducing organisms?
- In order to make sure that you understand what goes on during the phases of mitosis and meiosis, practice with paper models like we did in class, or draw it out. This will help you truly understand.
Versions of Meiosis PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Meiosis Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice test & review questions
Page last updated:
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
Word document of an in-class activity given to students at the end of lecture. This tool helps the students review the main messages of the lecture while allowing the instructor to assess the class' understanding of the material. We also have a Photo Guide to this Meiosis Classroom Activity.
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle and Homework & Reading Schedule for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
MORE MEIOSIS LINKS
WHICH GENETIC TRAITS DO YOU HAVE?
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.