Cell Cycle: Meiosis
Practice Test Questions
from Science Prof Online
Review questions to help students better understand Meiosis.
Cell Cycle: Meiosis Sample Test Questions
2. During which phase of meiosis does the nuclear membrane reform around chromosomes?
a. interphase b. prophase I c. metaphase II
d. anaphase I e. telophase II
b. meiosis I
c. meiosis II
4. Meiosis II is similar to mitosis in that...
a. homologous chromosomes synapse
b. DNA replicates before the division
c. the daughter cells are diploid
d. sister chromatids separate during anaphase
e. the chromosome number is reduced
5. Metaphase of meiosis I and meiosis II differ in that...
a. chromosomes line up at the equator
b. homologues line up in meiosis I & duplicated chromosomes line up in meiosis II
d. there are the same number of chromosomes
The following questions are designed to help students better understand meiosis. All questions are based on material that can be found on the Cell Cycle: Meiosis Lecture Main Page.
"Hey there good lookin'!" Human sperm meets egg; male and female gametes that result from meiotic
Page last updated: 2/2016
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
6. Asexually reproducing organisms produce offspring that are genetically identical to each other and to the parents. What type of cell division are the offspring a product of?
a. mitosis b. meiosis c. binary fission d. fertilization
7. At which stage of meiosis do chromatids separate and become daughter chromosomes?
a. metaphase I
b. anaphase I
c. metaphase II
d. anaphase II
e. telophase II
8. A human cell containing 44 autosomes and two X chromosomes is...
a. a somatic cell of a male
b. a zygote
c. a somatic cell of a female
d. a sperm cell
e. an ovum
9. A _____________ is the complete set of chromosomes of an organism, arranged and displayed in pairs and ordered by size. (Select the BEST answer.)
a. genome b. karyotype c. nucleus
d. heredity e. gene
10. Which 2 cells would be more genetically similar to each other?
a. two gametes produced by the same person
b. two somatic cells produced by the same person
c. two eggs produced by the same woman
d. two sperm produced by the same man