Eukaryotic Cell Main Page
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Eukaryotic Cell Structure & Function Lecture Materials
are the Eukaryotic Cell Structure & Function lecture materials of the Virtual Cell
Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual
college cell biology course. Anyone taking, teaching or interested in
biology may find these materials helpful and is welcome to use them.
The Eukaryotic Cell Lecture materials include:
- a list of learning objectives
- links to additional educational resources
- What are the two basic types of biological cells?
- Know the structural components of eukaryotic cells (organelles & other cellular components).
- Know the components of the eukaryotic endomembrane system and how this system of membranes functions to move materials into, out of, and within the cell.
Versions of Eukaryotic Cell PPT:
All of the lecture PowerPoints used in the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom are fill-in-the-blank format to encourage students to pay attention and follow along during the presentation.
The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
Word document of a in-class activity given to students at the end of lecture. This tool helps the students review the main messages of the lecture while allowing the instructor to assess the class' understanding of the material.
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
MORE EUKARYOTIC CELL LINKS
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
- Cells - music video by They Might Be Giants
- Cell Biology 101 TextVook app (Fun animated textbook.)
- 3-D Cell app - touch to rotate cell and zoom in on cell structures
VIDEO: Movement of the wax blobs in a lava lamp is an excellent way to help students understand how organelles of the eukaryotic endomembrane system ship materials into, out of and around within the cell.
VIDEO: How to Make a Wet Mount of Stained Epithelial Cheek Cells