Eukaryotic Cell Sample Test Questions - Part 1
1. If a cell has a plasma membrane, it:
a. is prokaryotic
b. is eukaryotic
d. none of these have a plasma membrane
2. What is the general name for a membrane bound compartment within the cell?
c. cytoplamic membrane
3. Which is NOT found within the nucleus?
a. cytoplasm b. chromatin c. nucleolus d. DNA e. nucleoplasm
4. Lysosomes are a type of organelle in eukaryotes. What do they do?
b. Produce energy/ATP for the cell.
c. Contain the cells genetic information.
d. Break down cellular waste.
#6. plasma membrane
#7. endomembrane system
a. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
b. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
c. 1, 2, 5, 6
d. 2, 4, 6
e. 1, 2, 3, 4
6. What is the primary structural difference between rough endoplasmic reticulum and smooth endoplasmic reticulum?
a. The letter "S" and the letter "R"
b. well done dermabrasion
c. the presence or absence of DNA.
d. the presence or absence of ribosomes.
7. Mitochondria are the energy powerhouse of eukaryotic cells.
a. True b. False
8. What is the external membrane that is the boundary between the inside and outside of the cell?
b. nuclear membrane
c. plasma membrane
d. vesicle membrane
9. Which structure is not present in all cells?
a. cell wall b. cell membrane c. genetic material d. ribosomes
10. A difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells is the...
a. lack of chlorophyll in eukaryotes
b. larger size of prokaryotes
c. presence of a cell wall in prokaryotes
d. presence of a nucleus in eukaryotes
Click here for more Eukaryotic Cell practice test questions.