Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Inorganic Chemistry Basics Lecture Materials
These are the Inorganic Chemistry Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college cell biology course.
- Understand how atoms, molecules and compounds are represented using chemical symbols & formulas.
- Describe the subatomic parts of an atom.
- What are valence electrons and why are they important?
- Understand the three different types of bonds that we discussed: ionic, covalent and hydrogen.
- Understand the different types of basic reaction types: synthesis (such as dehydration reaction), decomposition (such as hydrolysis reaction), and exchange.
- What is a redox reaction? What does it mean for something to be oxidized? Reduced?
- What is an ion and how does it relate to acids, bases and salts?
- Compare and contrast acids bases and salts.
- Know enough about the pH scale to understand which numbers represent acidic, neutral and basic substances.
Versions of Inorganic Chemistry PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Inorganic Chemistry Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice review & test questions
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint and textbook, to master this topic.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand inorganic chemistry.
MORE INORGANIC CHEMISTRY RESOURCES