Practice Test Questions II
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Inorganic Chemistry Sample Test Qus - Part 2
Free review questions to help students better understand
a. ionic, covalent b. ionic, hydrogen
c. covalent, hydrogen d. hydrogen, covalent e. cohesive, ironic
3. If a substance is composed of two or more different elements, it is considered... (choose the BEST answer)
a. a compound b. a monomer c. a molecule d. an atom
4. If the symbol for a chemical element contains two letters, like the “Na” of sodium, we know that:
a. It is a very large atom.
b. It is the most common atom that begins with the letter N.
c. It is a very small atom.
d. It is not the most common element to begin with the letter N.
5. If an atom or compound loses and electron in a chemical reaction, it has been:
a. oxidized b. reduced c. carbonized
1. In a solution of NaCl and water, NaCl is the ___ and water is the ___.
a. acid, base
b. base, acid
c. solute, solvent
d. solvent, solute
2. The chemical bonds that link hydrogen and oxygen together in a water molecule are __________. The bonds that attract water molecules to other water molecules are __________.
Page last updated:
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
6. A negatively charged ion is an anion.
a. True b. False
7. A solution that is at a pH of 8 ______ than a solution with a pH of 1.
a. has fewer hydrogen ions
b. has more hydrogen ions
c has an equal number of hydrogen ions
d. is less concentrated
8. Which number would most closely represent the pH of lemon juice?
a.2 b. 4 c. 6 d. 10 e. 14
9. Hydrolysis is a reaction in which the removal of a water molecule (2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom) from two separate molecules results in one larger molecule.
10. A salt is:
a. A compound that dissociates in water and releases hydrogen ions (H+).
b. An atom that dissociates in water and forms cations and anions.
c. A compound that dissociates in water and releases hydroxyl ions (OH-).
d. A compound that dissociates in water and produces cations or anions other then H+ or OH-.
Click here for more Inorganic Chemistry practice test questions.