Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Inorganic Chemistry Review Questions
Practice Test Questions
Free multiple choice and true/false questions designed to help students practice and test their understanding of
1. Specifically, what is the atomic number of an element based on?
2. Name and describe the 3 types of chemical bonds that we discussed in class.
4. What does it mean when a molecule is described as being 'polar'?
5. What is the relationship between an atom and an element? How and when do they differ?
6. Explain the statement "All compounds are molecules , but all molecules aren't compounds." Give an example.
7. What types of elements tend to form covalent bonds? What type form ionic bonds?
8. Differentiate between oxidation and reduction. What event makes an atom or molecule reduced? oxidized?
9. Compare the terms solution, solute and solvent. What determines the concentration of a solution?
10. What is the difference between a mixture and a compound?
11. A dehydration reaction is a synthesis reaction and a hydrolysis reaction is a decomposition reaction. Describe specifically how dehydration makes bigger molecules. How does hydrolysis make smaller molecules?
Page last updated: 2/2016
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.