Metabolism: Catabolism of Proteins & Fats
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Catabolism of Proteins & Fats Lecture Materials
are the Metabolism: Catabolism of Proteins & Fats Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell
Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual
college cell biology course. Anyone taking, teaching or interested in
biology may find these materials helpful and is welcome to use them.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
- What other main types of organic molecules go through the biochemichal pathways of cellular respiration?
- How do protein molecules enter the catabolic biochemical pathways of aerobic respiration?
- How must proteins be processed or changed in order to enter the pathways of aerobic respiration?
- How do fat molecules enter the catabolic biochemical pathways of aerobic respiration?
- How must fats be processed or changed in order to enter the pathways of aerobic respiration?
Versions of Aerobic Respiration PPT:
The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
Word document of a single essay question given to students at the end of lecture. This tool helps the students review the main messages of the lecture while allowing the instructor to assess the class' understanding of the material.
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
Word document instructions for writing a paper on the relationship between metabolism and nutrition. Allows students to choose one of three options. The Calorie King website has a food database to help you with finding grams of carbohydrates, fiber, protein & fats of common food items, for Option 1 of this project.
MORE CATABOLISM OF PROTEINS & FATS LINKS
The Catabolism of Proteins & Fats Lecture materials include:
- a list of learning objectives
- term paper metabolism assignment
- links to additional educational resources
for a fun, hands-on way to teach students the steps of the ETC!
- Grease (Is the Word) - song by Frankie Valli