Science Song & App List
Media to Help Science Educators Engage Students
from Science Prof Online
- Bio Rad GTCA Song musical advertisement for SsoFast™. Also useful teaching enzymes.
> performed by James Brown
Here are links to songs and other types of electronic media that relate to different areas of science. If you are interested in purchasing that song, video, album or app from iTunes, just click on the "iTunes" button next to it.
In the live science classes we teach, relevant songs are sometimes played before of after class. Then the students are asked about how the song relates to the material we are covering.
If you know of other songs or apps that should be added to this list, contact us!
Music and iResources that Relate to Science
Page last updated 5/2013
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
- Here Comes Science (album songs + video) - They Might Be Giants
- Sound of Science - song by Beastie Boys
- Science Glossary - free science reference app
- Wolfram Alpha - search engine geared towards science & math
- PloS Reader - free app to read latest science articles on your iPad
- PubMed On Tap Lite - free app for searching & reading scientific articles
- Skeptical Science - free app you can use to find scientific data to support your argument. For example, someone tells you that global warming isn't happening? Use this app to quickly find the data that refutes their claim.
- Biology 101 TextVook app (Fun general bio animated textbook.)
- Cells - music video by They Might Be Giants
- Cell Biology 101 TextVook app (Fun animated textbook.)
- 3-D Cell app - touch to rotate cell and zoom in on cell structures
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
> sung by Warren Philips
- Sugar - sung by Katharine Whalen
- Chemistry 101 TextVook (Fun animated textbook.)
- The Elements: A Visual Exploration - cool interactive periodic table app
- Periodic Table of Elements - simple iPad app of period table
- Molecules app - 3-D models of molecules you can manipulate by touch
- Grease (Is the Word) - song by Frankie Valli
- Germs - song by Weird Al Yankovic
- Microbiology 101 TextVook (Fun animated textbook.)
- Biology & Microbiology app from QuizMe.com
- Basic Microbiology Lab Techniques by TouchApp
- Microbiology Pronunciations from HippoSoft LLC
- E=MC2 - song by Big Audio Dynamite
- Roy G Biv - music video by They Might Be Giants
- Gravity - music video by Schoolhouse Rock
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Science Prof Online offers free practice test questions on a variety of science topics.
Science Prof Online offers free PowerPoint Lectures on a variety of science topics.
of Science Prof Online
You have access to a large collection of free science teaching materials used in high school and college-level introductory science courses. The SPO Instructors Corner has resources for teaching general science, anatomy & physiology, chemistry, cell biology genetics, immunology and microbiology.
SPO is a FREE science education website. Donations are key in helping us provide this resource with fewer ads.
(This donation link uses PayPal on a secure connection.)