Organic Chemistry Basics
from Science Prof Online
Organic Chemistry Basics Lecture Materials
are the Organic Chemisty Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell
Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual
college cell biology course.
- Understand why is carbon such a big deal to organic chemistry.
- Understand what a monomer and a polymer are.
- Know which 3 of the four organic macromolecules can be found on a nutrition label?
- Understand the 4 levels of protein structure.
- What different roles to proteins play in the body?
- What are the different types of lipids covered in this lecture? Which can be found in our diet? Give examples.
- What is a nucleotide made of? What are some of the important nucleotides and nucleic acids that we discussed?
- What are vitamins? What are minerals?
- How many calories does each type of organic macromolecule have?
Versions of Organic Chemistry PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Organic Chemistry Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice test & review questions
- links to related educational resources
Page last updated: 2/2016
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
Word document of a single essay question given to students at the end of the lecture. This tool helps the students review the main messages of the lecture while allowing the instructor to assess the class' understanding of the material.
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
MORE ORGANIC CHEMISTRY RESOURCES
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.