Practice Test Questions II
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Organic Chemistry Sample Test Questions - Part 2
Free review questions to help students better understand
4. What type of reaction creates a peptide bond?
a. hydrolysis b. decomposition c. dehydration d. mixture
5. Which type of organic macromolecule is not composed of monomer subunits?
a. carbohydrate b. protein c. nucleic acid d. lipids
6. Some carbohydrates function in energy storage others in an organism’s structure.
a. True b. False
7. In a protein molecule, an alpha helix relates specifically to which level of structure?
a. primary b. secondary c. tertiary
d. quaternary e. benandjerry
2. In a protein molecule, the beta pleated sheet relates specifically to which level of structure?
3. The chitin that makes up an insects exoskeleton is made from which type of molecule?
Page last updated: 8/2014
Page last updated:
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
8. Which of the following is a single monomer in a nucleic acid?
a. monosaccharide b. polymer c. nucleotide
d. amino acid e. pentose sugar
9. Which of the following could be a polymer of nucleotides?
a. phospholipid b. DNA c. wax
d. polysaccharide e. polypeptide
10. Amino acids are linked to the next amino acid in the sequence by which of the following bonds?
a. hydrogen b. ester c. glycosidic
d. peptide e. hydrophobic