Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Organic Chemistry Review Questions
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of
5. What characteristic of phospholipids makes them essential components of cell membranes?
7. What is a peptide bond?
8. Describe each of the 4 levels of protein structure that we discussed in class. What differentiates each level of structure?
1. Explain why the carbon is an element essential to the formation of large organic polymers?
2. Name 4 major categories of organic molecules found in living organisms and name the monomer or components that each is composed of.
3. Differentiate between
4. What are some of the functions of polysaccharides in organisms?
Page last updated:
9. Why is the 3-dimensional structure of a protein important?
11. Describe the three key structural components of a nucleotide.
12. Name the two purine bases and the three pyrimidine bases we discussed. Which pair with which?
13. Why is DNA called a double helix?
14. What is ATP and what is its function in cells? 15. Describe the four main types of lipids that we discussed in lecture. How are they different from each other? How are they similar?
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.