Metabolism: Diet & Nutrition
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Metabolism: Diet & Nutrition Lecture Materials
are the Diet & Nutrition Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell
Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual
college cell biology course. Anyone taking, teaching or interested in
biology may find these materials helpful and is welcome to use them.
The Diet & Nutrition Lecture materials include:
- a list of learning objectives
- term paper metabolism assignment
- links to additional educational resources
- What is a food calorie (kilocalorie)?
- Understand how many food calories (kilocalories) are in a gram of carbohydrate, protein & fat.
- What are macronutrients and micronutrients?
- What is the relationship between carbohydrates and fiber?
- What is the difference between complete and incomplete proteins?
- What are the differences between saturated and unsaturated fats? Are all fats bad? Which type is healthier?
- What are essential fatty acids?
- How do you calculate the calories in alcohol?
- What is the difference between vitamins & minerals?
Versions of Metabolism: Diet & Nutrition PPT:
All of the lecture PowerPoints used in the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom are fill-in-the-blank format to encourage students to pay attention and follow along during the presentation.
The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
Word document instructions for writing a paper on the relationship between metabolism and nutrition. Allows students to choose one of three options. The Calorie King website has a food database to help you with finding grams of carbohydrates, fiber, protein & fats of common food items, for Option 1 of this project.
MORE METABOLISM: DIET & NUTRITION LINKS
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
- Grease (Is the Word) - song by Frankie Valli