Diet & Nutrition Biology
from Science Prof Online
Diet & Nutrition Biology Review Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of Metabolism: Diet & Nutrition.
3. What are macronutrients and micronutrients?
4. What is the relationship between carbohydrates and fiber?
5. What is the difference between complete and incomplete proteins?
6. Proteins are what enzymes are primarily made of. Name some of the digestive enzymes we covered, and the role that each has at the different stages of digestion.
7. What are the differences between saturated and unsaturated fats? Are all fats bad? Which type is healthier?
8. What are essential fatty acids?
1. Define a food calorie (kilocalorie).
2. How many food calories (kilocalories) are in a gram of carbohydrate, a gram of protein & a gram of fat, respectively?
Page last updated 12/2015
9. What role do phospholipids play in diet?
10. What role do phospholipids play in the cells that make up your body?
11. How do you calculate the calories in alcohol?
12. What is the difference between vitamins & minerals?
13. Describe some examples of why water is so essential to metabolism?