Immunology: Innate Immunity
Practice Test Questions
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Free review questions to help students better understand this topic.
Immunology: Innate Immunity Test Questions
1. An example of a nonspecific chemical barrier to infection is...
a. unbroken skin
b. lysozyme in saliva
c. cilia in the respiratory tract
d. cytotoxic T cells
e. mucous membranes
2. Monocytes are ______ leukocytes that develop into _________.
a. granular, phagocytes
b. agranular, mast cells
c. agranular, macrophages
d. granular, T cells
e. granular, macrophages
3. An example of an inflammatory mediator that stimulates vasodilation is...
a. histamine b. collagen c. complement C5a d. interferon e. macrophages
4. Mucus-secreting membranes are found in the...
a. urinary system
b. digestive cavity
c. respiratory passages
d. all of the above
5. The surface cells of the epidermis is composed of living cells.
a. True b. False
6. Which is not a leukocyte?
a. lymphocyte b. erythrocyte c. monocyte d. neutrophil e. eosinophil
The SPO website is best viewed in Google Chrome,
or Apple Safari.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Page last updated: 8/2015
Our Favorite New Microbio APP!
Cool infectious disease game:
Do you have what it takes to be a successful pathogen?
7. Acute disease is an illness that:
a. makes you more physically attractive
b. strikes and disappears quickly
c. is present long-term; a lifelong disease
d. is only viral in nature
e. is only bacterial in nature
8. Fixed phagocytes in the epidermis are called...
a. lysozymes b. goblet cells c. B-cells d. antigens e. dendridic cells
a. by attacking pathogenic bacteria
b. by competing with other bacteria
c. by sharing plasmids with pathogenic bacteria
d. by secreting histamines
10. Which type of lymphocyte is involved in nonspecific immune defense?
c. NK cells
d. none of these lymphocytes are nonspecific
Click here for practice questions on Immunology: Acquired Immunity.