Free review questions to help students better understand this topic.
Microbial Growth Test Questions - Part 2
SPO VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS
1. A visible cluster of cells that have arisen from one parent cell growing on the surface of a growth medium is called a:
2. The stage in the population growth curve with the highest rate if cell division is called the ________ phase:
a. stationary b. lab c. log d. enlargement e. death
3. Which term best describes an organism that can exist with or without oxygen?
a. obligate aerobe
b. facilitator aerobe
c. obligate anaerobe
d. facultative anaerobe
4. Which category of microbes would you expect to grow best on or in your body?
5. Microbes that require a level of oxygen slightly lower than that found in the atmosphere surrounding you are called:
b. facultative anaerobes
c. obligate anaerobes
The following questions, from the Virtual Microbiology Classrooms (8-week & 16-week), are designed to help students better understand this topic. All questions are based on material that can be found on the Microbial Growth Main Page.