Eukaryotic Cell Structure & Function
from Science Prof Online
Eukaryotic Cell Review Questions
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
3. How is the nucleoid region of a prokaryote different from the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell?
4. How do the cell walls of prokaryotes and eukaryotes differ?
5. What role do ribosomes play in carrying out the genetic instructions?
6. Describe the structural and functional distinctions between rough and smooth ER.
b. presence of nucleus
c. presence of membrane bound organelles
d. structure of flagella
e. chemicals in cell wall
f. type of ribosomes
g. structure of chromosomes
2. Describe several general characteristics that could be used to define eukaryotes.
Image of generic eukaryotic cell. For labeled diagram of same cell, click here. For a practice assignment on diagramming a eukaryotic cell click here.
Page last updated:
8. Describe at least two common characteristics of chloroplasts and mitochondria.
9. Why do phospholipids tend to organize into a bilayer in aqueous solution?
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.