Eukaryotic Cell Sample Test Questions - Part 1
Eukaryotic Cell Structure & Function
Practice Test Questions I
from Science Prof Online
1. One of the most visible differences between
a. lack of chlorophyll in eukaryotes
b. larger size of prokaryotes
c. presence of a cell wall in prokaryotes
d. presence of a nucleus in eukaryotes
2. Which of the following statements about eukaryotic cells is NOT true?
a. Eukaryotic cells have a membrane bound nucleus, one of the largest structures within the cell.
b. Eukaryotic cells are more complex than are prokaryotic cells.
c. Eukaryotic cells are usually smaller than prokaryotic cells.
d. Eukaryotic cells a believed to have evolved more recently than did prokaryotic cells.
3. Lysosomes are a type of organelle in eukaryotes. What do they do?
b. Produce energy/ATP for the cell.
c. Contain the cells genetic information.
d. Break down cellular waste.
e. Capture sunlight energy.
a. plasma membrane
c. genetic material
d. cell wall
5. What is the general name for a membrane bound compartment within the cell?
a. Tim b. nucleus c. plasma membrane
d. vesicle e. mitochondrion
Image of endomembrane system of eukaryotic cell. For labeled diagram
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
Image of generic eukaryotic cell. For labeled diagram of same cell, click here.
For a practice assignment
Page last updated: 2/2016
6. What is the primary structural difference between rough endoplasmic reticulum and smooth endoplasmic reticulum?
a. The letter "S" and the letter "R"
b. a well done dermabrasion
c. the presence or absence of DNA
d. the presence or absence of ribosomes
e. they form vesicles
7. Mitochondria are the energy powerhouses of eukaryotic cells.
a. True b. False
8. In prokaryotes, ribosomes are found throughout the cytoplasm and sometimes attached to the plasma membrane. In eukaryotic cells, which organelle is studded with ribosomes?
c. rough endoplasmic reticulum
d. smooth endoplasmic reticulum
9. The cellular components and organelles that both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells have in common include...
#2. Golgi apparatus
#4. genetic material
a #2 ,3, 4 and 7
b. #4, 5, and 6
c. #5 and 6 only
d. #1, 2 and 3
e. #3, 4, and 5
10. If a cell has a plasma membrane, it is:
c. can be either prokaryotic or eukaryotic
d. none of these have a plasma membrane
Click here for more Eukaryotic Cell practice test questions.
Science Prof Online