Eukaryotes: Meet the Microbes
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Eukaryotic Microbes Review Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
1. Which groups of microscopic
cause disease in humans? Which do not?
2. Name and describe the different eukaryotic microorganisms that were presented in lecture, and any information about specific representative genera or species that was detailed, such as Giardia, Entamoeba histolytica, Blastomyces dermatitidis, Aspergillus fumigatus & Hookworms.
3. Name and describe the four main categories of mycoses.
4. How are fungal infections commonly transmitted, and how well do we understand their prevalence? Explain.
5. What is the difference between true and opportunistic fungal pathogens. Be able to name the four true fungal pathogens.
6.What are helminths? Why are these comparatively large microbes studied by microbiologists?
8. From that same homework assignment and Radiolab episode, what do parasitologists suspect about Toxoplasma gondii's ability to reprogram that rat brain, and potentially the human brain. What do they wonder about Toxoplama and human affinity to having cats as pets?
These are review questions designed to help students better understand the history of microbiology. They are based on materials that can be found on the Eukaryotes: Meet the Microbes Lecture Main Page.