Metabolism: Aerobic Respiration
from Science Prof Online
Aerobic Respiration Review Questions
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of
1. In which molecules is most of the energy of Krebs Cycle's redox reactions transferred to? How will these molecules convert their energy to a form that can be used to make ATP?
These are review questions designed to help students better understand Aerobic Respiration. They are based on materials that can be found on the Aerobic Respiration Lecture Main Page.
6. Explain how oxidation-reduction reactions relate to cellular respiration.
7. What action results in the phosphorylation of ADP in the electron transport chain (i.e. What is required for a molecule of ADP to changed into ATP? The answer is not " just add a phospate".)
8. What are the main stages of aerobic respiration? What important materials go into and come out of each stage of this process (please list specifically for each of the main stages)?
9. What are the 3 key things that have to happen in the electron transport chain in order to produce ATP (the answer relates to electrons and hydrogen ions)?
Page last updated 10/2015
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
2. Why do we inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide (please give your answer in terms of the reactions in the sub-pathways of aerobic cellular respiration that we studied).
3. What is a proton gradient and what is its role in cellular respiration?
5. Explain the difference between anabolic and catabolic reactions and give an example of each.