Metabolism: Aerobic Respiration
Practice Test Questions I
from Science Prof Online
Aerobic Respiration Test Questions - Part 1
Free review questions to help students better understand
The following questions are designed to help students better understand this topic. All questions are based on material that can be found on the Aerobic Respiration Lecture Main Page.
1. Phosphorylation of ADP would be considered...
b. a dehydration reaction
c. an endergonic reaction
d. an exergonic reaction
2. Glycolysis is...
a. catabolism b. part of Kreb's Cycle
c. part of cellular respiration d. a & c e. b & c
3. Where does electron transport of cellular respiration happen within an animal cell?
a. plasma membrane b. cytoplasm c. nucleus d. mitochondria e. chloroplast
4. Glycolysis is the breakdown of what?
5. How many net (# made - #used) ATP are produced in the cellular respiration stages of glycolysis through synthesis of acetyl CoA?
a. 2 b. 4 c. 16 d. 34
6. Which parts of cellular respiration generate the carbon dioxide that we breathe out?
a. glycolysis & synthesis of acetyl CoA
b. synthesis of acetyl CoA & Kreb's cycle
c. Kreb's cycle & electron transport
d. glycolysis & electron transport
e. synthesis of acetyl CoA & electron transport
Page last updated 10/2015
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
7. Anabolic reactions are when:
a. smaller molecules result from the breakdown of larger molecules
b. larger molecules are synthesized from smaller molecules
c. one molecule transfers a monomer to another
d. people eat each other
8. Oxygen is vital to the process of aerobic cellular respiration. It allows aerobic organisms to derive a great deal more energy from glucose than anaerobic organisms are able to. What is the vital role that oxygen plays in cellular respiration?
a. It is a reactant in glycolysis, necessary for the breakdown of glucose into pyruvic acid.
b. Oxygen is a waste product of Kerb's cycle.
c. Oxygen is required to build the acetyl-CoA molecule.
9. Which stages of aerobic cellular respiration each result in a net gain of 2 ATP?
a. Glycolysis and Krebs Cycle
b. Glycolysis, generation of acetyl CoA and Krebs Cycle
c. Electron transport
d. generation of acetyl-CoA and Krebs Cycle
10. Which of the following is the process of adding a phosphate to ADP?
b. redox reaction
e. none of the above
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.