Metabolism: Anaerobic Respiration & Fermentation
Practice Test Questions
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Anaerobic Respiration & Fermentation Test Qus
2. The type of fermentation used by some animal cells as well as some bacteria is called...
a. alcohol fermentation
b. lactic acid fermentation
c. aerobic respiration
d. synthesis of acetyl-Co-A
3. Which type of metabolism is responsible for the production of farts?
a. aerobic respiration
b. anaerobic respiration
c. lactic acid fermentation
d. alcohol fermentation
4. The number of ATP molecules produced by anaerobic respiration of a glucose molecule is greater than_____ but less than _____.
a. 38, 2 b. 4, 2 c. 2, 38 d. 50, 100 e. 1, 2
1. Anaerobic respiration differs from aerobic respiration in that...
b. anaerobic respiration is more energy efficient than aerobic
c. anaerobic respiration only includes the metabolic pathway of glycolysis.
d. anaerobic respiration is an anabolic reaction type.
Page last updated: 12/2015
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
for a fun, hands-on way to teach students the steps of the ETC!
5. Which of the following are in the correct order of LEAST energy efficient to MOST energy efficient?
b.Aerobic cellular respiration, anaerobic cellular respiration, fermentation c.Fermentation, anaerobic cellular respiration, aerobic cellular respiration d.Aerobic cellular respiration, fermentation, anaerobic cellular respiration
6. Which of the following best represent the end products of glycolysis?
a. 2 ATP, 2 NADH, 2 pyruvic acid, 2 FADH2, 4 ADP and 4 phosphate b. 2 ATP, 2 NADH, 2 pyruvic acid c. glucose, 2 ATP, 2 NAD d. pyruvic acid e. none of the above
7. Which would NOT be the final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain of anaerobic respiration?
a. nitrate b. sulfate c. carbon dioxide d. oxygen
8. A glucose-fed yeast cell is moved from an an aerobic environment to an anaerobic environment where it must switch to metabolizing by fermentation. For the cell to continue to generate ATP at the same rate, how much glucose must it consume in the anaerobic environment compared to the aerobic environment?
a. 1 b. 6 c. 14 d. 19 e. 38 c. c. 14
9. Anaerobic respiration is the process by which ATP can be made in the absence of...
a. FAD b. NADH c. O2 d. CO2 e. NAD+
10. Anaerobic respiration is the same as fermentation.
a. True b. False