History of Microbiology
Practice Test Questions II
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Free review questions to help students better understand this topic.
History of Micro Test Questions - Part 2
1. Who developed postulates to demonstrate that microorganisms
2. Who discovered penicillin?
d. van Leeuwenhoek
3. Who initiated the use of carbolic acid to sterilize surgical instruments and wound dressings?
a. Tyndall b. Lister c. Jenner d. Ehrlich e. Nightingale
4. Who recommended hand washing between patients to reduce infection and death following childbirth?
a. Jenner b. Pasteur c. Hesse d. Semmelweis
5. Who can we credit for making the discoveries that led to the microscope that you use in lab?
6. Christian Gram solved what important problem facing microbiologists?
b. How to view microbes and distinguish between two main types.
c. How to prevent the spread of infectious disease
d. How to make microbes more attractive through the use of colorful dyes.
Page last updated: 2/2016
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Photographic guides to differential stains
7. Who developed the chicken cholera and rabies vaccines?
a. Snow b. Lister c. Jenner d. Pasteur e. Nightingale
8. Sulfa drugs were originally made from an ingredient in a...
a. chicken b. mold c. scab d. dye e. endospore
9. Joseph Lister...
a. was influenced by Pasteur's studies
b. is the father of modern antisepsis
c. was trying to decrease the incidence of wound infection
d. used carbolic acid to sterilize instruments
e. all of the above
10. Who started the first nursing school?
Practice Test Questions.