Introduction to Microbiology
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Intro to Microbiology Review Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
1. Describe the Black Plague. What organism causes it? How is it spread? Describe the largest outbreak of plague in history.
2. Describe smallpox and its historical impact. Is it still a threat? Explain.
3. What is the proper way to cough and sneeze?
5. What is the difference between normal flora, opportunistic pathogens and "full-time" pathogens?
6. Define and distinguish between mutualism, commensalism and parasitism?
7. Describe the difference between seasonal influenza and pandemic influenza.
8. Write a few sentences describing the following microbes that we met in our first lecture: HIV , HBV, SARS and Ebola. Are they bacteria or viruses?
10. What is a nosocomial infection? What are the four most common nosocomial infections?