Prokaryotic Cell Structure & Function
from Science Prof Online
Prokaryotic Cell Review Questions
Practice Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
3. What type of cells have peptidoglycan as part of the cell wall? What is the function of peptidoglycan?
5. Create a labeled drawing or diagram of a Gram+ cell wall and a Gram- cell wall.
2. Describe several general characteristics that could be used to define the prokaryotes.
Page last updated:
to help you remember prokaryote parts and pieces.
11. Explain passive and active transport of molecules across the plasma membrane.
12. Describe an example of diffusion down a concentration gradient.
13. What would happen to a blood cell if placed in water (a hypotonic environment)? Why would the same thing not happen to a bacterial or a plant cell?
14. Describe factors that may prevent a molecule from moving across a cell membrane?
16. Why are there more types of cell arrangement for cocci than for bacillus-shaped bacteria?
6. List all of the species of bacteria that we have studied so far and indicate which are G+ and which are G-.
7. What is the vegetative state of a bacterium and how does it differ from an endospore?
8. Use the list of bacteria that you created for review question #6, and indicate which of these bacteria are able to produce endospores.
9. Are the bacteria that can create endospores all G+, all G-, or are there both G+ and G- endospore producers?
10. Draw and label 5 different bacterial shapes and 5 different bacterial arrangements.
Science Prof Online