Prokaryotic Cell Structure & Function
Practice Test Questions I
from Science Prof Online
Prokaryotic Cell Sample Test Questions - Part 1
1. All bacteria are prokaryotes.
2. Ribosomes function in protein synthesis in prokaryotic cells.
4. Penicillin would probably be a good choice of antibiotic to treat a bacterial infection if the bacteria was:
5. What structure allows bacteria to survive in a hypotonic environment?
a. plasma membrane b. nucleiod c. ribosomes
6. Streptococcus mutans is able to produce…
a. endospores b. fimbriae c. LPS toxin d. a slime layer
e. an endomembrane system
Free review questions to help students better understand this topic.
Page last updated: 2/2016
to help you remember prokaryote parts and pieces.
7. A slime layers and capsules are two types of...
a. cell walls b. glycocalyx c. plasma membrane d. fimbriae
8. The genome (genetic material) of a prokaryote is called a...
a. nucleus b. nucleolus c. nucleosome
d. nucleoid e. plasmid
9. Peptidoglycan is an important molecule of bacterial cells walls. Which of the following statements regarding peptidoglycan and bacterial cells is NOT true?
a. The peptidoglygan cell wall is thicker in gram-positive bacteria.
b. The peptidoglycan cell wall is the outermost layer of gram-negative bacteria.
c. The outermost layer of the gram-negative bacterial cell wall contains the endotoxin lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
d. Gram-positive bacteria do not have an LPS layer to the cell wall
10. Compared to the water, the environment on the inside of the blood cell could best be described as:
a. hypertonic b. tectonic c. hypotonic
d. isotonic e. ginandtonic
Practice Test Questions.
3. What is the name of the membrane that is the boundary between the inside and outside of the prokaryotic cell?
b. nuclear membrane
c. plasma membrane
d. vesicle membrane
Science Prof Online