Practice Test Questions
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Virus Structure Sample Test Questions
These multiple choice and true/false questions are designed to help students practice and test their understanding of this topic.
a. sugar, spice and everything nice
b. at least a capsid (protein) and nucleic acid
c. always an envelope, capsid and DNA
d. only nucleic acid
2. Viruses differ from living organisms in that viruses...
b. cannot reproduce on their own
c. can transform energy
3. The viral capsid is composed of subunits called...
e. nucleic acid
4. The genetic material of a virus is a combination of both DNA and RNA.
a. True b. False
5. A virus is a tiny infectious... (Choose the BEST answer.)
b. living thing
c. particle / agent
6. A capsid is:
a. an organelle
b. part of a viroid
c. part of a prion
d. part of a virus
7. The envelope of a virus is obtained from the ________ of its host cell.
e. waxy coating
8. What part of the structure of a virus would include phospholipids?
a. nucleic acid
d. genetic material
e. glycoprotein spikes
9. A virus that is specific for a bacterial host is called a:
a. phage b. prion c. virion d. viroid
e. animal virus
10. Which part of an animal virus’ structure is responsible for host recognition?
a. envelope b. glycoprotein spikes c. capsid
e. tail fibers
Science Prof Online